Stress & Anxiety Resources Off Campus

You may refer yourself to Mental Health Services by calling the central intake number (1-888-429-8167). Our intake clinicians will ask you questions to help determine the services you need. This intake call may take 15 to 20 minutes and you will be asked for your Health Card number.
You may also request a referral to our services from your doctor, other health care professionals or community agency familiar with your concerns.
Below are a select number of services available by calling the central intake number, or number provided under each resource.

Community Mental Health Services


Community Mental Health (CMH) helps individuals manage and improve their mental health illness and well-being. The CMH team is made up of health care professionals including occupational therapists, social workers, registered nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists. They work together to access and recommend the most appropriate support. 


Some of the more common illnesses that CMH treats are:

  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Psychotic Disorders
  • Adjustment Disorders
  • Personality Disorders
  • Concurrent Disorders (both mental illness and addiction issues)

The CMH team also works together with community partners such as family physicians, schools, the Department of Community Services and other community agencies, as needed.

HOW DO I access IT?

A referral from your doctor or other health care provider is preferred, but not required. Please call the Halifax clinic at 902-454-1400.

Member Login
Welcome, (First Name)!

Forgot? Show
Log In
Enter Member Area
My Profile Log Out