Let's talk is a student-run anonymous email service that aims to be the middle point between the students of Dalhousie University and the many Mental Health services and resources both on and off campus.
If you are in need of immediate support, please contact the Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team or 911:
1-888-429-8167 (toll free)
If you do not need immediate help, but would still like to receive help please contact Dalhousie Counselling Services by clicking this link.
How it works:
- A Dalhousie Student emails firstname.lastname@example.org, and describes as much or as little as they would like about what they are feeling or experiencing, including, but not limited to things such as:
- School stress
- An emotional or stressful experience
- Feelings of depression or anxiety
- Wanting to know how to support a friend or family member experiencing any sort of mental health crisis
- Any other type of Mental Health support request
- Within 24 hours, a DMCRT Mental Health Volunteer responds with a list of resources best suited for the students specific needs. The response will provide the best means of contact for the resources, and will give the student a general idea of what to expect if they were to contact the different resources.
- The Mental Health Volunteers will do their best to answer any mental health related questions the student may have.